Here are a collection of links for resources related to the Thrive Yoga teacher training program. Having them in one spot, plus other linkage, makes it easier to follow through on our training. We are six people participating in the July Intensive (July 9-August 8, 2013) at Thrive Yoga in Rockville, MD.
Thrive also offers more traditional training formats for 200-hours and 300-hours. They meet about one weekend a month (Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday, and other evenings ) for nine or ten months. Stretched over a longer time frame, students have a chance to absorb reading and skills training.
- Personal site
- Basic Sankrit
- Santosha School, Indianapolis
- Self Realization Fellowship and Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Ayurvedic Institute and Dr. Vasant Lad
- Dr. Claudia Welch
- Ayurvedic products: Banyan Botanicals ::: Organic India ::: Mountain Rose Herbs ::: Sarada Ayurvedic Remedies
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
- Krista Block – morning slot for our daily practice
- Sarah Wimsatt – morning slot for our daily practice
- Julie Alter – our expert on restorative yoga and yoga nidra
- Mark Stephens – Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques (the main textbook) ::: Resources
- Baron Baptiste Power Yoga Institute – Journey Into Power : How to Sculpt Your Ideal Body, Free your True Self and Transform your Life with Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga
- Ganga White – Yoga Beyond Belief: Insights to Awaken and Deepen Your Practice
- Judith Hanson Lasater – Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana
- Jack Kornfield – A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life
- Eckhart Tolle – The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
- Marshall Govindan – Kriya Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Siddhas
- William J. Broad – The Science of Yoga: The Risks and the Rewards and other sites that are relevant to his book and its news coverage (sometimes over-hyped):
- Teaching-Focused websites
- 90 Monkeys – Amy Ippoliti’s platform for help yoga professional development of yoga teachers. Articles and courses.
- Teacherasana: For Yoga Teachers, By Yoga Teachers
- Yoga Teacher Magazine – lots of good stuff.
- Yoga for Healthy Aging: exceptioanally qualified commentators on adapting yoga to maturing students.
- Teaching Yoga Resource: sharing ideas, experiences and inspiration
- The Plight of the (somewhat) seasoned yoga teacher by Jen Mullholand
- Things your yoga teacher won’t tell you by Alice Williams (Melbourne, Australia)
- Witnessing the Yoga Scene Around the Country Makes Me Consider Closing my Studio. ~ Robyn Parets
- Five things you need to know before you staart yoga teacher training