As I’ve explained elsewhere, yoga studios in Northern Virginia lie on the other side of the Potomac River, which is like the same as NYC or LA or Mysore. I don’t get there to practice so I have no first-hand information on the studios, except what friends have told me. However, I can’t really claim to have a DC-area directory if I do not include more VA centers so I am making an effort to expand the listing (but it’s a big space).
Northern Virginia yoga studios have their own yoga week, usually in June.
- Sun and Moon Studio – A yoga center in Fairfax, VA. Plenty of articles and other resources on the site. Teacher training – 200, 150 and 150 hour programs with flexible format, which culminates in a 500-hour certification. Also in Arlington.
- Zion Yoga Studio has morning and evening classes (yoga and meditation).
- The Yoga Center: Limited schedule
- Pure Prana Yoga Studio in Alexandria, VA. Teacher training
- Margaret Townsend’s River’s Edge Center in Old Town: Ashtanga, Jivamukti and Anusara styles
- Mind the Mat Pilates and Yoga in Alexandria has just one room. Buy your pass ahead of time.
- JOURNEYoga in Alexandria is going green.
- Radiance Yoga in Alexandria
- PIES Fitness Yoga Studio offer hot, Hatha, kids, senior and slow yoga, as well as belly dancing, Zumba, kick boxing, and boot camp.
- Honest Soul Yoga is relatively new, but it will start teacher training in October.
- Unity Woods Yoga Center: the Iyengar center offers classes near the Ballston Metro station.
- Little River Yoga: with studios in Arlington and Alexandria, “based on the theory and practice of Yoga following the lineage of Sri T. Krishnamacharya, teacher of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, B.K.S. Iyengar and T.K.V.Desikachar.”
- Journey Yoga: Around since 2007. Teacher training: 200 and 300 hours, prenatal.
- TranquilSpace: this DC studio has a branch studio here on Wilson Blvd.
- Bikram Yoga – Falls Church
- Dancing Mind Yoga: the only Baptiste Power Vinyasa Affiliate yoga studio in the DC area and one of only 55 affiliates worldwide. Located in Falls Church. Teacher training
- Apurva Wellness
- East Meets West Yoga in Vienna has a variety of yoga classes, including 12-step recovery (Don’t giggle; it works!). Teacher training
- Health Advantage Yoga Center in Herndon, with a strong Anusara influence. Teacher training. DoYoga‘s Doug Keller, who actually spends more time traveling around the world giving workshops about yoga therapy, is associated with Health Advantage Yoga Center
- Prana Vibe in Chantilly. Ashtanga and strength.
- Inner Power Yoga: in Potomac Falls, near Sterling, is run by Ursula Cox. Ashtanga and power vinyasa styles. Teacher training: 200 hours
- The Ayurvedic Path: Hearndon-based center offers multiple services and follows the holistic approach of Dr. Deepak Chopra.
- BE Yoga Yurt: “I now have a Yurt studio out here teaching Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Living Yoga, Reiki, Yoga for Children with Special Needs and a whole lot of Kirtan! All of the money earned from our kirtans is donated to girls in India rescued from sex trafficking that I go visit and work with there in Kolkata.”
- Flow Yoga in Leesburg (not to be confused with the Flow Yoga Center in DC) Teacher training.
Updated on February 23, 2016