Photo: Desiree Rumbaugh in handstand
National Yoga Month is September around the country, and there will be Global Mala events all around the DC area, plus workshops by high-profile teachers. Many events will revolve around doing 108 sun salutations or other permutations as an offering or garland.
- Inner Reaches (Gathersburg) is offering a “108-minutes of yoga” session on September 20. It’s 12-5, but the yoga starts are 2:00 pm. This flyer has more details or go to the website.
- Amy Weintraub will give a workshop on her LifeForce Yoga at Circle Yoga on September 11.
- Yoga Aid will be staging a two-hour event in downtown DC, starting at 10:00 am on September 12.
- As you might expect, Lucy stores will be sponsoring multiple events. Check with the local story.
- Faith Hunter will lead a session at Shakti MindBody Studio on September 6.
Yoga Month is sponsoring a one-week of free yoga promotion at participating studios. It’s a great chance to sample a different studio. Other events will be coming up, and I’ll try to point to them here, if possible, but you can also check with your home yoga studio to see what’s happening there.