Some big names are coming to the DC area in the first three months of 2011. For more details (schedule, costs, requirements), go to the website of the hosting yoga studio. I don’t mean to downplay other workshops and events that are taking place during the first quarter, but when high-profile instructors pass through the DC area, it’s worthwhile to spotlight them. You will notice that March 10-14 is shaping up to be week-long overdose of quality yoga. I will update this list as more information becomes available.
- StudioDC Yoga Center: The Pursuit of Happy Hips: Theory and Vinyasa (3 hours) and Superflow Surf Yoga : A transformative + unique movement practice (2 Hours) with Eoin Finn, Saturday, January 22
- Tranquil Space – Advanced teacher training: mindfulness, ayurveda & psychology with Darren John Main, February18-20
- Willow Street Yoga – LifeForce Yoga® To Manage Your Mood with Amy Weintraub, February 27 – Amy is one of my favorite instructors and healers.
- Ashtanga Yoga Center – Dave Swenson, March 4-6
- Flow Yoga Center – “Off the Mat, Into the World“: Yoga, Purpose and Action, Week-long Teacher Training Intensive, Thursday, March 10 – Monday, March 14. For yoga teachers, community leaders, activists, and interested students. Seane Corn will kick off the session on Thursday and the remaining days will be lead by Hala Khouri and Suzanne Sterling.
- Boundless Yoga – Sarah Powers: Insight Yoga, March 10-13
- StudioDC Yoga Center – Master Class with Natasha Rizopoulos, March 12-13
- Willow Street Yoga – Desiree! A Special Offering for Advanced Practitioners with Desirée Rumbaugh, March 18, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Thrive Yoga: Align With All You Are with Desirée Rumbaugh, March 18-20. Desirée has a big fan base.
Although I was not planning to mention events beyond March, I wanted to highlight two events: StudioDC Yoga Center – Forrest Yoga Master Classes with Ana Forest, May 18-19 and Willow Street Yoga – Yoga of Fulfillment: Yoga & the Path of Destiny with Rod Stryker, April 9-13, which is an yoga immersion course.