- Mind and Life Institute: An exploration and conversation between science and Buddhism, associated with the Dalai Lama.
- Deepka Chopra: always seems to be on TV, translating eastern disciplines into western terminology.
- BrainPlace – fascinating displays of the brain’s activities
- Dr. Weil: a leading advocate of integral medicine and alternative healing
- RealAge: I have taken the questionnaire and it said that I was 10 years younger than my chronological age. It’s an intriguing approach to health and wellbeing. I have a subscription to its monthly newsletter.
- Dr. Timothy McCall medical consultant for Yoga Journal
- Acupuncture: AAOM ::: Acupuncture.com ::: gancao.net ::: SpiritPathPress I have been using acupuncture to treat my lower back pain, but find that treatments are like a feel-good elixir.
Not all these links are specifically yoga-related, but are different ways of dealing with bodywork and physical therapy. I probably should also include chiropractors and Chinese medicine (acupuncture), but they’re a lot easier to find than the techniques below. If you are interested in specific illness or conditions, do a search in Yoga Journal for a start.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: a kind of therapeutic technique created by Michael Lee incorporating yoga
- Yoga and Health follows the Bihar School of Yoga and Yoga Institute, both of India. It has extended articles within the Tantric system.
- Alexander Technique Training Centers Physical Therapy and the Alexander Technique
- The Rolf Institute ::: Guild for Structural Integration Ida Rolf created this technique for realigning the muscle and skeletal structures.
- Extension and Recovery Yoga: Sam Dworkis explains his approach to yoga. He has written two books — guess their titles.